Monday, June 30, 2008

Spam Email-Why Me?

Where does all the spam email I get come from?
Now I'm not no computer dummy, I have a certification from Microsoft in website development. And I worked in marketing for years. I know that spam email works like the game telephone. One person/company gets my email address and passes it on ...or is bought by the next person. So i probably was looking at a website like Zappos (for shoes of course) and they gave my address to someone else. I would assume that the someone else would want my address to sell me something similar to shoes. Tell me, how on earth did this cycle get so out of control that I now get spam trying to sell me a colon cleanse? My colon is no body's business! What were the colon cleaning people thinking, "Oh lets send all the woman between the ages of 28-49 who like to buy shoes online an ad for a colon cleanse. People who like to shop online for shoes have dirty colons." And bam is that how this works?

I also get spam from the following: Wall Street Journal (like I have time to read it cause most stay at home moms do nothing else but read the newspaper at length), Medical Billing Training (thanks, I already have a job! Who told them I might be interested in Billing Training anyway?), Terminex bug people and my favorite The Four Seasons hotel (yeah i can afford that place!).

I wanna know what kind of spam have you gotten lately that makes you go huh? Why me?

2 comments:

NikkiBenzo said...

My favorite spam is the one that promises to make my penis larger or make me a more virulent lover. I guess that is useful since I don't have a penis in the first place!

Unknown said...

i get the nigerian guy promising me millions of doallars if i provide my banking ifo. but nikki saved me from the nigerian mo fo and now my $367.22 is safe.